Content, Why More?
Well today was another regular day for me, I got up and went to work and then came home and checked the mail like always and then came in and started to check my e-mails and all so that way when I sat down to do my blog for today I could focus on it and pump it out or so I thought with some good content.
When I went to write my blog I drew a big blank screen in my head of what I wanted to talk about today. So on got on trusty Facebook to see what some of my friends were talking about, checked out a friends blog to see what she had to say, but nothing really hit me, so now I went to google and did a search and after figuring out how to do a search for different blogs as I’m not following but only 2 or 3 right now. Well I finally found a site that gave me my content for today, what is that you ask? Well I stumbled upon a blog entitled “10 Quick Hits to Create Content for Your Blog”.
What I found out when I read this article is that I’m not alone in this endeavor that most of us at one time or another have this happen to them. But this blog was willing to share a few of its tips with whoever wanted this information:
- Read what other people write
- Make lists
The first one I even laughed at as I know from stories and hearing others talk about being blocked or not knowing where to start when they are starting to write, go read what others are writing and learn and expound on what they have written, The second one is a little harder for me as I can kinda make lists in my head but not good at writing them down, but will start doing that today so that way I will have ideas set up so this won’t happen again.
This is the list that they had on their blog:
· Comments on your previous blog posts. If you’ve written a blog that sparked a lot of comments in the past, highlight those comments in a new post. It has a way of re-engaging your followers
- Unique uses for your product or service. Write about a way in which it’s been used that is different, fun, or innovative. See what your customers have done and highlight it
- Compile a list of newsletters, videos, websites, etc., from your industry that your followers will find helpful and interesting.
- Use Google Alerts to deliver relevant headlines to your inbox and write a roundup post regularly. You can set your alerts based on industry keywords to keep you on topic
- Skim LinkedIn Groups in your niche for hot topics. This is a great source of ideas that many people don’t take advantage of
- Quotes. Find and list quotes from big players in your industry; try QuoteGarden.com or BrainyQuote.com for research, or setup a Google Alert for those specific people
- Compile your older posts and write summary posts linking readers to these older resources. If you’ve written a lot about LinkedIn, for example, create a summary of your best blogs on that topic with each headline as link to the older post
- Check out content creation sites such as Constant Content and see what others are writing about relevant to your industry. Take a hot topic from those sites and add your own expert commentary
- Repurpose video content by either transcribing and embedding in a post, or starting a new conversation about the video in a post. Too often, we don’t think about using the content we create for other outlets for our blog
- Use StumbledUpon. You can plug in a wide variety of topics and hit the stumble button. Each time you hit stumble, it will display new content related to your industry or interest. It can be a great way to find a new idea for your blog when you are really stuck
Read more at http://www.business2community.com/blogging/10-quick-hits-to-create-content-for-your-blog-0240023#VhFB0LZc3OWDuzXI.99
So after reading this blog I was also given some ideas right there on the site that I have bookmarked already to use for future blogs and I will be back myself for more ideas.
If your ready to move forward with content and see how you can add to your economy click on the image:
Click here if you want to work one on one with me!
P.S if you want to earn $100-300 per day the easy click here!
If you liked my post about content please “like”, Share, Google+1, comment, Re-tweet.
- 4 Places to Find Inspiration for Content (When You Don’t Know Where to Look)
- Why You Need Content, Search, AND Social for Successful Online Marketing